Roasted Garlic and Onion Dip
JULY 27, 2022
Save Up To 40% Off Your Groceries!
With a Peko Produce Box. More Details Here
Recipe by @steamyvegankitchen
I have to make something yummy with little onions from Peko, so I made this delicious and plant-based protein packed dip! It’s perfectly sweet and savoury that packs a BIG punch of flavour!
- 3 cups roughly chopped (rescued!) onion (roughly 6 small)
- 1 bulb garlic, top sliced off
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1.5 tsp neutral oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 can white kidney beans
- juice of 1/2 a lemon (rescued!)
- few splashes of nondairy milk (plain unsweetened)
- extra salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the chopped onions in a large bowl with the maple syrup, soy sauce, oil, salt and nooch until combined
- Spread out on a baking sheet and drizzle oil on cut part of garlic bulb and wrap in foil, place on baking sheet
- Bake for 40 minutes at 425F until golden with crispy edges
- Once cool enough to handle add roasted veg to food processor or high speed blender
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth (you will need to stop several times to scrape the edges and add more milk as needed to help it blend)
- Transfer to a bowl and chill if desired - serve with veggies, chips or in wraps and sandwiches - ENJOY!!!