Fall is the season of all things pumpkin, and what better way to celebrate than with a scrumptious pumpkin bread recipe? Packed with aromatic spices and pumpkin puree, this bread is sure to be moist, flavorful, and a perfect choice for snacking or as a dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1½ sticks (¾ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 15-oz mashed pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Generously grease two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans with butter and dust with flour
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until just blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until very light and fluffy, a few minutes. Beat in the pumpkin.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly, and bake for 65 – 75 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve warm!