Parmesan Leek Quiche
OCTOBER 02, 2022
Save Up To 40% Off Your Groceries!
With a Peko Produce Box. More Details Here
Leek season is upon us, a perfect time to experiment new recipes. This leek quiche is a twist on the classic French cheese quiche. It is packed with rich flavours of leek and parmesan and the perfect treat for your guests!
- 1 frozen deep-dish 9-inch pie shell
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped leeks, white and light green parts only, from 1-2 leeks
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme, or ½ teaspoon dried
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1¼ cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Remove pie shell from the freezer and thaw until soft enough to easily prick with a fork. Prick the bottom and sides all over with a fork and bake on the center rack until lightly golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the leeks and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 15 minutes. Do not brown. Taste and adjust seasoning (they should be well-seasoned). Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, eggs, thyme, nutmeg, parmesan, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix well.
- Spread the cooked leeks over the pre-baked pie shell. Pour the egg mixture over top.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the custard is set and puffed. The quiche will deflate as it cools.
- Slice into wedges and serve hot or warm.
Note: Freezer-Friendly! The quiche can be frozen for up to 3 months. Remove the quiche from the freezer about 24 hours prior to serving and reheat it, covered with foil, in a 300°F oven until hot in the center.