APRIL 17, 2023
Save Up To 40% Off Your Groceries!
With a Peko Produce Bag. More Details Here
Steer away from cans and make your own homemade hearty soup!
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can milk of choice
- In a large, deep pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, onion and salt and pepper. Stir together and sauté until mushrooms begin to release their natural juices and become fragrant.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and milk. Add in the thyme. Stir together and bring to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Scoop out two cups of soup (with some mushrooms) and pour into your blender. If you have a glass blender, ensure it cools down a bit first.
- Press the soup setting or blend until fully blended out. Pour back into soup pot and blend one more time.
- Serve the soup and top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!