Got a lot of Jalapeño’s in your Peko box? Try this stuffed with cream cheese and melted cheddar Jalapeño Poppers. They are going to be your new favourite snack and perfect for football season. The right amount of spice with every bite, this is a must try recipe!
- 12 large jalapeño peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp cup chopped green onion
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Cut off one-third of each pepper lengthwise. Use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds and membranes from each pepper, and compost them!
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, ¼ cup chopped cilantro and green onion, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mixture. Top each of the peppers with a small mound of cheddar cheese lengthwise.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and starting to turn golden.
- Transfer the jalapeño poppers to a large serving dish and serve!