Craving something sweet? These gluten-free cupcakes will hit the spot! Using simple ingredients, these cupcakes will be the star of the show at any gathering. Or, you can be like Peko and bake’em for yourself!
- 1 Melissa’s Klassy Kitchen GF Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce (or 2 eggs)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Vegan Buttercream Ingredients:
- 1 cup vegan butter
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp dairy free milk
- Combine 1 cup of dairy free milk (i.e. cashew, soy, almond, or oat milk) and 1 tsp of vinegar. Let sit for 1-2 minutes to create a buttermilk.
- Vigorously whisk together the buttermilk, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, and 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Add the dry mix and combine until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Line a muffin tray with lines and fill each with 1/4 cup of batter or until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before icing. Serve, and enjoy!
Vegan Buttercream Instructions:
- Whip together 1 cup vegan butter, 1/2 cup icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/8 tsp salt and 1-2 tsp dairy free milk.
- Combine well and pipe onto cupcakes!
Tip: To make chocolate cupcakes, add 1/4 cup cocoa to cupcake mix and 2 tbsp cocoa to icing.
The GF Vanilla Cupcake Mix is featured as a Peko Pantry item. For more, check out this short video of one of our Peko team members making these tasty cupcakes or click here to purchase one for yourself!