These tasty carrot chips are the perfect snack when you're in the mood for something crunchy and salty! Paired with any dipping sauce of your choice, or by itself, these are the perfect snack or side dish for any meal. In only thirty minutes, here is how you can create the perfect crunchy snack.
- 1 lb thinly sliced carrots ¼ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt or ½ teaspoon of fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Tip: The best way to vary this recipe is to experiment with different seasonings. Good options include dried thyme, dried oregano, chili powder, onion powder, and ground cumin.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut your carrots into thin strands or slices about ¼ inch thick.
- Transfer your carrots into a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Spread the carrot slices in one layer on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until browned and crispy, about 20 minutes.
- If the carrots are not evenly sliced and some slices are still not crispy, remove the crispy ones to a plate and continue baking for about 5 more minutes to crisp up the thicker slices. Watch them closely to make sure they don’t burn.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Note: If you have leftovers, they keep OK in the fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days. They do lose their crispiness, but not their flavour! Simply reheat them gently, covered, in the microwave.
Source: Healthy Recipes | Carrot Chips