I bet you will find this recipe quite a-peeling! Kickoff the new year with these fluffy and moist banana pancakes. They are the perfect weekend breakfast to help start your day right. Pass the maple syrup, and enjoy!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana, about 2 medium bananas
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 2 tbs avocado oil, plus more for brushing
- 1½ tsps vanilla extract
- Maple syrup to drizzle on top
- In a large bowl, place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg, and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, egg, almond milk, avocado oil, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-low heat and brush lightly with oil. Use a ⅓ cup scoop to pour the batter into the skillet.
- Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until they’re puffed, cooked through, and golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!
*This recipe makes 10 fluffy pancakes!
Source: Love & Lemons | Banana Pancakes