Beeswax wraps are a 100% natural, plastic-free, and reusable alternative to plastic wrap. They are effective at molding around & sealing produce, bread, cheese, jars, and containers.
How are beeswax wraps used?
Before using them like traditional plastic wrap, make beeswax wraps moldable by warming them up in your hands. Then, wrap them around anything you want! You can even make a bag to carry loose food, like trail mix.
Unlike plastic wrap, beeswax wraps are reusable. Wash them with mild soap, rinse in cold water, and let air dry. With proper storage, beeswax wraps will last for up to 1 year.
5 benefits of beeswax wraps
- Versatility: Beeswax wraps are malleable and could mold around just about everything (just not extremely hot things). Use it to store half of an avocado, create a watertight seal around jars, or make a pouch for snacks!
- Keep food fresher for longer: Beeswax wraps are more breathable than plastic, which improves air circulation to prevent moisture buildup. This is a good way to reduce food waste!
- 100% biodegradable: Beeswax wraps are compostable, which further reduces household food waste. You’ll know it’s time to throw them out when they’re less tacky.
- Antimicrobial properties: Similar to honey, beeswax has antimicrobial properties. They would prevent or slow the growth of bacteria, fungus, or another microbes that spoil foods.
- Economical: Beeswax wraps can last up to 1 year with proper care. This will save you money from constantly buying plastic wrap in the long-run!