Want to pamper your skin without spending lots of dollars in beauty products? Try incorporating these produce as part of your skincare routine!
1. Avocado for dry skin - rich in natural oils, antioxidants and minerals, which hydrates and moisturizes the skin. Avocadoes also contain vitamins A, C and E, and can be used to clear blemishes and fight acne.
- Mash one avocado with a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice. Evenly spread this mixture on your face and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water.
2. Cucumber - contains ascorbic acid and caffeic acid, which prevents water retention and helps tighten collagen in the skin.
- Place cooled cucumber slices onto your closed lids to depuff eyes or mash up in a blender or food processor and apply the paste directly onto your skin.
3. Papaya for oily skin - rich in vitamin A, C, E and K, and has rejuvenating enzymes that exfoliate the skin and strengthen hair.
- Rub the fruit's peels on your skin and leave for 20 minutes and rinse with water.
4. Tomato for aging skin - rich in antioxidants
- Blend half of a ripe tomato with a tablespoon of honey. Apply the paste on your face and leave for about 15 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
5. Citrus for blackheads - contain astringent properties that help in skin tightening and cleaning as well as lighten pigmentation, scars and blemishes.
- Mix two tablespoons of orange juice with one tablespoon of lime juice. Apply on the face and neck area for 20 minutes, before washing off with cold water.
6. Kiwi for dull skin - packed with antioxidants, vitamin C and E. Help to neutralize the flow of free radical, rejuvenate the skin, and increase collagen production.
- Take the pulp or juice of one kiwi and mix it with two to three tablespoons of olive oil. Massage your face with mixture in circular upward motion then rinse with cold water.
7. Bananas - loaded with zinc, minerals, irons and vitamins, which helps to repair dark spots, prevents acne and maintains the skin elasticity.
- Mix a mashed ripe banana with one teaspoon honey, one teaspoon lemon juice and one third cup of rolled oats in a bowl. Apply this mixture on your face and neck area. Wash it off with lukewarm water after 15-20 minutes.
Note that you should do your research before adding things onto your skin to prevent unwanted reactions. Al good night's sleep, healthy diet, and exercise are also key to having healthy skin!