Scallion Zucchini Pancakes
FEBRUARY 20, 2023
Save Up To 40% Off Your Groceries!
With a Peko Produce Box. More Details Here
In less than 20 minutes, you can be munching on these crispy savoury Korean-inspired scallion pancakes with zucchini! Simple, quick, easy and super satisfying.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons gochujang hot pepper paste (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thin strips or grated or spiralized
- 1 bunch of scallions, slice in quarters long ways, creating strips about 4–5 inches long
- 1 tablespoon raw sesame seeds, untoasted
- avocado oil or other high-heat cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar, maple syrup or honey (optional)
- a pinch of red pepper flakes, if desired
- Mix together water, rice flour, eggs, gochujang, mirin, white pepper, and salt. Set aside to hydrate while you prepare the veggies.
- Mix prepared veggies into the rice flour batter.
- Heat a cast iron or other non-stick pan to medium-high heat, oil the pan with a teaspoon or so of oil. Use tongs to place battered veggies onto the pan, spreading them out so they are not piled on each other. Spoon on the batter to fill in any holes. Keep it thin and no bigger than 7 inches.
- Sprinkle on a teaspoon of sesame seeds. Cook for 3 minutes per side. After flipping, press the pancake down with a metal spatula to flatten and cook more evenly on the underside.
- Serve with kimchi and dipping sauce.