Recipe by @steamyvegankitchen
I roasted up all my veggies that were nearing the end of their lifespan and made this DELICIOUS Po-mato Veggie soup. 🥔🍅 Thanks to @pekoproduce for keeping these veggies out of our landfills! 👏🏻 👏🏻
- 2 leeks (rescued by Peko!)
- 2 orange bell peppers (rescued)
- 1.5 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 4 yellow potatoes (rescued)
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic (about 2 heads)
- 4 cups veggie broth (onion bouillon)
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Drizzle of oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- If your leeks are as old and sad as mine, compost the inedible parts, wash the white and light green inner layers, and freeze the stalky green ends for veggie broth.
- Spread your potatoes, grape tomatoes, yellow onion, leeks and bell peppers on 2 baking trays, drizzle with a touch of oil plus some salt and pepper and roast for 40 minutes at 425ºF.
- Add all the roasted veg to a large stock pot, add 4 cups of broth, half a can of coconut milk and a generous couple spoonfuls of roasted garlic and blend until smooth. Don’t forget salt and pepper! Stir in a boatload of fresh chopped basil and you’re done!