Looking for a hearty and healthy alternative to traditional rice? Look no further than this delicious recipe for cauliflower rice! With its mild flavour and rice-like texture, cauliflower rice is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. Plus, it's gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower, then remove all greens.
- If using a grater, cut the cauliflower into large chunks and grate into “rice.” If using a food processor, cut into small pieces and use the grater attachment to grate the cauliflower into “rice.”
- Transfer to a clean towel or paper towel and press to remove any excess moisture, which can make your dish soggy.
- Once you have your cauliflower rice, it’s easy to cook (or enjoy raw)! Simply sauté in a large skillet over medium heat in 1 Tbsp oil. Cover with a lid so the cauliflower is steaming and becomes more tender. Cook for a total of 5-8 minutes, then season as desired (such as with soy sauce or salt and pepper).
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store uncooked cauliflower rice in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Serve your favourite way and enjoy!
Looking for inspiration on how to use this delicious base? Check out this list of recipe ideas to help you get started!
- Garlic Herb Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice
- Parmesan Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Rice with Mushrooms
- Green Cauliflower Rice
- Spinach and Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- Caramelized Onions and Spinach Cauliflower Rice
- Spicy Cauliflower Rice
- Lemon Garlic Cauliflower Rice