Cupid is calling! The season of love is officially upon us and what better way to share your appreciation than a homemade dessert. This tangy fruit tart is smooth, fluffy, and hard to resist! The combination of a flaky crust, sweet filling and topped with your favourite fruits is mouth watering.
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 cups halved strawberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- For the tarts: Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, lay out the puff pastry. Cut the puff pastry sheets in half, making 4 rectangles. Place 2 puff pastry rectangles on each sheet pan. Set aside.
- Add the blueberries and strawberries to separate bowls. Divide the granulated sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice between the bowls. Season each with a pinch of salt and stir until well combined.
- Divide the blueberries between 2 of the puff pastry rectangles, leaving a 1/4-inch border on all sides. Do the same with the strawberries and the remaining puff pastry rectangles. Pinch the corners of each rectangle, creating a slight lip. Brush the edges with the cream.
- Bake in the lower half of the oven until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- For the whipped cream: While the tarts bake, add the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to a large bowl. Using a hand mixer or whisk, whip until soft and billowy. Transfer to a serving bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- Transfer the tarts to a cutting board. Let the tarts cool slightly before slicing.
- Serve alongside the whipped cream and enjoy!