Flu Fighter Noodle Soup
DECEMBER 01, 2022
Save Up To 40% Off Your Groceries!
With a Peko Produce Box. More Details Here
Flu season is here! Make a soup for when you’re feeling congested or experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked tofu
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups noodles
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, red pepper flakes, and stir. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until the onion softens a bit and becomes translucent.
Add the hot sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper, tofu, parsley and stir. Add the broth and stir. Add the noodles, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with more parsley and chopped green onions.