The new Tik Tok food trend that everyone is making! Crispy, delicious, buttery smashed potatoes that are easy to make, and can be paired with your favourite dipping sauce. They have become the internet’s favourite snack, and we can all understand why. In only an hour, you will have the perfect snack!
- 12-14 small potatoes or 6-8 medium potatoes
- 1 ¾ tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Finely chopped parsley, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F
- Boil a pot of water and add 1 tbsp salt. Cook potatoes until soft - small ones should take around 20 to 25 minutes, medium ones might take 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and pat them dry
- Place on the tray then use the bottom of a cup to squish them, keeping them in one piece. (Thin = crisper. Thicker = fluffier insides.)
- Drizzle with butter, then olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes (small potatoes) to 55 minutes (medium) or until deep golden and crispy. Do not flip!
- Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Source: Recipetineats | Ultra Crispy Smashed Potatoes