Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
FEBRUARY 28, 2023
Save Up To 40% Off Your Groceries!
With a Peko Produce Box. More Details Here
This creamy, smooth, and delicious cauliflower soup is the perfect dish to pair with a warm piece of bread, salads, or on its own! It’s easy to store, diet-friendly and super easy to make - what more could you ask for?
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into bite-size florets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Fine sea salt
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Optional Garnish: 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, chives and/or green onions
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until lightly and evenly coated in oil. Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer and sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake until the cauliflower is tender and caramelized on the edges, 25 to 35 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Once the cauliflower is almost done, in a soup pot, warm the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat until it simmers. Add the onion and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stirring occasionally until the onion is softened and turning translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds, then add the broth.
- Transfer the remaining cauliflower to the pot. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, to give the flavors time to meld.
- Once the soup is done cooking, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, carefully transfer the hot soup to a blender, working in batches if necessary.
- Add the butter and blend until smooth. Add the lemon juice and nutmeg and blend again. Add additional salt, to taste and blend.
- Serve warm with your favourite garnish and enjoy!