Chocolate lovers, you will not be disappointed with these oatmeal cookies that are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside! Nutrient powerhouse cocoa leading the way with a smooth chocolate flavour has now teamed up with coconut adding a little somethin’ somethin’ we think, scratch that, know you will go coco-nuts for.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), very soft
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Cacao Coconut Oatmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- To a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together.
- In another bowl, add butter and brown sugar. Combine until smooth. Then add the egg, vanilla, and mix together until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients with the wet and mix until it becomes a dough-like consistency.
- Add the oats and knead into the dough.
- Cover the bowl and leave it in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, line a baking sheet with a parchment paper or spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Roll dough in 1 tbsp size balls and flatten on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 to 13 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set.
- Cool completely and enjoy!