Recipe by @steamyvegankitchen
Have you heard of the Baked Feta Tomato Pasta that broke the internet? If you are a little late to the TikTok party… let me show you a veganized and gluten-free version of the sensational internet pasta!
- 1 package gluten-free pasta (penne, fusilli, rotini, or shells are great)
- 2 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 block vegan feta cheese (I used 'Violife' brand)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and cook pasta noodles according to package directions.
- In a medium casserole dish, add the tomatoes, minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, and lemon zest. Mix until well combined.
- Create a space in the middle of the mixture and place the block of vegan feta cheese inside it. Sprinkle the oregano over everything.
- Bake in the oven on the top rack uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the tomatoes have roasted and released their juices.
- Add the cooked pasta directly into the casserole dish and mix until its well combined in the sauce. Serve and garnish with fresh chopped basil. Enjoy!